Here we go! Thirteen hops, starting tomorrow!
- Thursday October 2 – PURPLE – Megan Dougherty, The Bitchy Stitcher
- Friday October 3 – BROWN – Carrie Bloomston, Such Designs
- Monday October 6 – RED – Kim Niedzwiecki, My GoGo Life
- Tuesday October 7 – TEAL – Flaun Cline, I Plead Quilty
- Wednesday October 8 – WHITE – Mollie Sparkles
- Thursdays October 9 – HEXIES – Cath Hall, Wombat Quilts
- Friday October 10 – PINK – Ebony Love, LoveBug Studios
- Monday October 13 – GREEN – Rose Hughes
- Tuesday October 14 – BLUE – Sarah Fielke
- Wednesday October 15 – GRAY – Maddie Kertay, The BadAss Quilter’s Society
- Thursday October 16 – BLACK – Cheryl Sleboda
- Friday October 17 – YELLOW – Victoria Findlay Wolfe
- Monday October 20 – ORANGE (but of course!) – Sam Hunter, Hunter’s Design Studio
What happens on the hop?
You visit each stop, and the hop host/hostess will regale you with stories. Stories of making a quilt for the book, stories about me, stories about me and them, stories about choosing a color, etc. It will be good and fun stuff, and we’ll try not to have too many mushy moments (but no guarantees… the people helping out here are dear to me, so I might get a bit soppy in places). And then you comment on their story to win a BOOK. Yes, each hop is a chance to win.
What’s with the COLORS?
So glad you asked! We have special patterns for you. You’ll be able to download the PDF pattern for the COLOR word featured at each stop so that you can make all these colorful scrap buckets for yourself or for friends.
Yes – THIRTEEN free patterns! You’ll get all the letters for the COLOR words, correctly sized so that you can start paper piecing immediately. And you’ll need these COLOR bucket instructions to turn the COLOR word into a word block (that you then plug into the Oh Scrap Bucket pattern from the book).
The hop ends with me, and the ORANGE bucket, of course. I’ll be giving away a signed book, all the COLOR patterns printed on my favorite paper-piecing paper, a package of that favorite paper-piecing paper (It’s like crack, it’s so good), a package of Timtex and some Pellon Fusible Fleece (for bucket making), and some other goodies. It will be a lovely box of stuff. And yes, my dear international peeps… I’m happy to mail across the water, so you’re eligible to win this box too!
See you on the tour!