Technical editing is the process of getting a second set of eyes on the patterns you write to make sure they’re the most technically accurate they can be. It gives you confidence that you’re delivering the best possible experience to your customers, and I’m here to support you in that!
Accurate patterns lead to happy customers! And happy customers mean less time spent wrangling customer service!
I’ve written well over a hundred patterns (including those in my book and the several magazines) and in my former life I ran quality assurance departments in the high-tech industry. I believe in making things the best they can be, and I care about the customer’s experience in quilting. You can read my pattern writing philosophy here.
I’m on board to verify any (or all) of the following for you:
- Fabric requirements
- Cutting instructions
- Any quilt math, including finished block and quilt sizes
- Flow of step-by-step instructions
- Industry standard terminology
- Clarity and consistency of language
- Basic punctuation and spelling
- Appropriate language for skill level
- Overall coaching for pattern writing
Please click the button below to give me some info about your pattern project, and we can start discussing how I can help you shine!