Day 6 of the Quilt Talk tour takes us to Cath Hall of Wombat Quilts for a slightly different bucket: HEXIES. Yes, not really a color bucket, but with the trend to hexies still growing, we thought it would be a fun addition to the tour. And look at that hexagonal bee fabric!
Cath is a new Portland friend. She heads up the charity quilting program at the Portland Modern Quilt Guild and is part of the dynamic board. She’s also an Aussie, born in Britain, and transplanted to the US. One sentence out of her mouth and I knew we’d be pals – you can take the girls out of England, but you’ll never get the England (or Australia) out of the girls!
In addition to being a whiz with hexies, Cath is a master at paper-piecing. Her blog is a torrent of beautiful projects, lots of them made on paper, with a no-nonsense breakdown of the adventures it takes to make her quilts. And is she ever productive! She also runs the occasional test on patterns for me (we’ll have one to show you after it debuts for quilt market… the pattern is mine but the fabric is still secret – and I hate that I can’t just blab it all as soon as it’s made!)
Cath is firmly in the PINK camp, and keeps telling me that she’ll get me converted at some point. I still think it needs ORANGE added to it to make it look better, but I don’t hold it against her! She’s too much fun to hang out with!
Please hop to her blog to see all her beautiful quilts, and pick up the HEXIES pattern!
Here’s a reminder of the tour and COLOR bucket schedule:
- Thursday October 2 – PURPLE – Megan Dougherty, The Bitchy Stitcher
- Friday October 3 – BROWN – Carrie Bloomston, Such Designs
- Monday October 6 – RED – Kim Niedzwiecki, My GoGo Life
- Tuesday October 7 – TEAL – Flaun Cline, I Plead Quilty
- Wednesday October 8 – WHITE – Mollie Sparkles
- Thursdays October 9 – HEXIES – Cath Hall, Wombat Quilts
- Friday October 10 – PINK – Ebony Love, LoveBug Studios
- Monday October 13 – GREEN – Rose Hughes
- Tuesday October 14 – BLUE – Sarah Fielke
- Wednesday October 15 – GRAY – Maddie Kertay, The BadAss Quilters Society
- Thursday October 16 – BLACK – Cheryl Sleboda
- Friday October 17 – YELLOW – Victoria Findlay Wolfe
- Monday October 20 – ORANGE (but of course!) – Sam Hunter, Hunter’s Design Studio
BTW – Did you join my mailing list yet? Do it here. I’m dreaming up groovy exclusive stuff for you!