Happy Friday! We’re heading into the weekend with a PINK bucket, hosted by the original Pink Lady of quilting, Ebony Love. Hop to LoveBug Studios to find the pattern.
I met Ebony in person last year at Houston Quilt Market when I was pulled in to help in her booth after a scheduling snafu. She is one of the kindest and coolest people I met last year… Market can be a high stress game, and a messy schedule can make one, shall we say, a bit unladylike. But not Ebony.. she handled it with the aplomb and grace of the Dowager Countess of Grantham.
It’s no mistake that I’m name dropping Downton Abbey here. Last year Ebony designed a mystery quilt to go with the Downton Abbey fabrics released by Andover, and she has another one coming for the new line in 2015.
Ebony is the queen of die cutting, and heavily promotes the EDeN (Equivalent Die Notation) System for adding die cutting info to patterns. If you find precision cutting a chore, you should check out how Ebony does die cutting.
OK, I’ve gushed on her plenty, and it’s all well deserved! Please stop by her blog and get your PINK on!
Here’s a reminder of the tour and COLOR bucket schedule:
- Thursday October 2 – PURPLE – Megan Dougherty, The Bitchy Stitcher
- Friday October 3 – BROWN – Carrie Bloomston, Such Designs
- Monday October 6 – RED – Kim Niedzwiecki, My GoGo Life
- Tuesday October 7 – TEAL – Flaun Cline, I Plead Quilty
- Wednesday October 8 – WHITE – Mollie Sparkles
- Thursdays October 9 – HEXIES – Cath Hall, Wombat Quilts
- Friday October 10 – PINK – Ebony Love, LoveBug Studios
- Monday October 13 – GREEN – Rose Hughes
- Tuesday October 14 – BLUE – Sarah Fielke
- Wednesday October 15 – GRAY – Maddie Kertay, The BadAss Quilters Society
- Thursday October 16 – BLACK – Cheryl Sleboda
- Friday October 17 – YELLOW – Victoria Findlay Wolfe
- Monday October 20 – ORANGE (but of course!) – Sam Hunter, Hunter’s Design Studio
BTW – Did you join my mailing list yet? Do it here. I’m dreaming up groovy exclusive stuff for you!