Day three is here and the color is RED!
Kim Niedzwiecki of My Go-Go Life is hosting the RED bucket pattern for you today. And check out the project she made from the RED word – I love that she took it and made it her own!
I met Kim at Quilt Market a year or so back, when I was getting to know Alex and the Aurifil team. She’s a breath of fresh air – a whirlwind of positive energy and “yes, you can!” attitude. I’ve seen her at the end of a long Sample Spree evening after an equally long day at Market, and she is still wearing both pretty heels and a beaming smile. It’s so lovely to be around people who bring such bright energy with them. You should check out the quilts on her blog too – full of the same colorful cheer!
She and I have bonded over being fond of words… when I first headed out to market with my sassy buttons, she proudly wore them and has been one of my champions ever since. (Kim… I have some new ones coming… and maybe another one that’s thread related just for you!) I’m so honored to have her take a hop on the blog tour – and it’s always fun for me to find fellow word nerds to hang out with!
I also adore the honesty with which Kim writes: she boldly talks about all the stuff that doesn’t always turn out the way it was planned – a refreshing peek behind the studio and life curtains. So I’m going to take a page out of her book and tell you about my great fail of the last weekend… I was making soup for a friend who was visiting to sew for the day, and as I was grinding salt into it the top came off the salt grinder and half the bottle of salt went into the soup. Yep, we ate out lunch instead… and I’ll make another pot of soup tomorrow with NO salt, in the hopes that combining them will make it right!
And before I jump off, a word about social media… there are days I curse the rabbit holes that social media tempts me to disappear down, but without it, I wouldn’t be friends with half the people you’re meeting on this blog tour. It has given me a chance to have deeper connections with people like Kim once the fast-paced fuss of Market dissolves. Color me grateful for the technology that has brought me a world wide community of the coolest people.
Here’s a reminder of the tour and COLOR bucket schedule:
- Thursday October 2 – PURPLE – Megan Dougherty, The Bitchy Stitcher
- Friday October 3 – BROWN – Carrie Bloomston, Such Designs
- Monday October 6 – RED – Kim Niedzwiecki, My GoGo Life
- Tuesday October 7 – TEAL – Flaun Cline, I Plead Quilty
- Wednesday October 8 – WHITE – Mollie Sparkles
- Thursdays October 9 – HEXIES – Cath Hall, Wombat Quilts
- Friday October 10 – PINK – Ebony Love, LoveBug Studios
- Monday October 13 – GREEN – Rose Hughes
- Tuesday October 14 – BLUE – Sarah Fielke
- Wednesday October 15 – GRAY – Maddie Kertay, The BadAss Quilter’s Society
- Thursday October 16 – BLACK – Cheryl Sleboda
- Friday October 17 – YELLOW – Victoria Findlay Wolfe
- Monday October 20 – ORANGE (but of course!) – Sam Hunter, Hunter’s Design Studio
BTW – Did you join my mailing list yet? Do it here. I’m dreaming up groovy exclusive stuff for you!