All the content on this site is my original work and is copyrighted © 2010-2018 by me, Sam Hunter, owner of Hunter’s Design Studio.
1. You may not copy my patterns to give to other people. This violates copyright law, and besides, it’s stealing, not to mention bad form. I work hard at making interesting patterns to inspire my customers, and I deserve to be paid for doing so. Please support me and other designers in this by encouraging your friends to buy their own patterns, and by refusing to copy patterns for anyone.
2. You may not copy the content of my patterns and call that content yours. There is misguided idea floating around out there that all you have to do is change five things about a pattern and then you can call it yours. Sure, there are ways to do that without crossing legal copyright violation lines, but PLEASE DON’T DO THAT. It’s a terrible thing to rip off a fellow designer. If you want to design patterns by all means follow your own inspiration, draw your own drawings, and write your own words. Don’t steal mine. And if you do steal mine, expect to hear from my attorney.
3. My patterns, my writings, and my images are my work and my property, and thus you can’t distribute them in any way without my permission. You may not copy or use the photos or the text without asking. HOWEVER, I’m always happy to have my work linked up, or cited with attribution. If you’re not sure if you should share something of mine, just ask. Seriously. I’m pretty cool and approachable. You can also share using the social media share buttons on the site because they preserve the links back to my site.
Each of my patterns gives information on the back regarding if you can make items from the pattern to sell. Feel free to contact me with any questions about that.
I love it when you share pictures of your version of my patterns. Please tag me (@huntersds on Instagram, Hunter’s Design Studio on Facebook) and the pattern name when you post them on social media.
4. If you participate in my site in any way, be respectful. I have no issues with disagreements that are civil and respectful, but if you head into anything hateful (racist, bigoted, homophobic, misogynist, etc.) I will remove your comments and block you from participating again. I believe we can be respectful through our differences.
5. PRIVACY: My business collects only the personal information you give to me when you either sign up for my newsletter, or order a product. This information is used to email you newsletters or order information, and to mail you physical products. THIS INFORMATION IS NEVER SOLD. It is shared with my newsletter system (Aweber), payment processing systems (PayPal and Stripe), and WordPress/WooCommerce (my shop system) in order to get you what you need. These providers are compliant with all privacy laws. I value you and your business and so will never give or sell your personal information.
FULL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- User Conduct
You agree to not use the Site in a manner that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortuous, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, and invasive of another’s privacy, hateful or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable. You agree that you will not impersonate any person or entity or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity or attempt to disguise the origin of anything transmitted through the Site. You will not use the Site to transmit anything that you do not have a right to transmit under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships (such as inside information, proprietary and confidential information learned or disclosed as part of employment relationships or under nondisclosure agreements) and you agree that you will not email or otherwise transmit anything that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary right of any party. Your participation in any discussion groups through the Site will not interfere with or disrupt the servers or networks connected to the Site or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to the Site.
You understand that information, data, messages or other materials transmitted are the sole responsibility of the person from whom such material originated. This means that you and not HDS are entirely responsible for all uploads and/or emails transmitted via the Site. Under no circumstances will HDS be liable in any way for your use of the Site, including but not limited to any errors or omissions in any information available from the Site or for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of the Site or any information obtained from the Site. HDS reserves the right to modify, suspend and/or discontinue the Site, at any time, in its sole discretion.
- Notices and Procedures for Making Claims of Copyright Infringement
Pursuant to Title 17, United States Code, Section 512(c)(2), notifications of claimed copyright infringement should be sent to the Site’s legal department. ALL INQUIRIES NOT RELEVANT TO OR NOT COMPLYING WITH THE FOLLOWING PROCEDURE WILL RECEIVE NO RESPONSE.
HDS respects the intellectual property of others, and asks its users and visitors to do the same. HDS will process and investigate notices of alleged infringement and will take appropriate actions under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”) and other applicable intellectual property laws. Upon receipt of notices complying with the DMCA, HDS will act to remove or disable access to any material found to be infringing or found to be the subject of infringing activity and will act to remove or disable access to any reference or link to material or activity that is found to be infringing.
If you believe that your work has been copied in any way that constitutes copyright infringement, please provide all of the following information:
- a physical or electronic signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive copyright that is allegedly infringed;
- a description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed;
- a description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located;
- your address, telephone number, and email address and all other information reasonably sufficient to permit HDS to contact you;
- a statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law;
- a statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your Notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
Notices of claimed copyright infringement should be directed to:
Hunter’s Design Studio
8630 SW Scholls Ferry Rd., Ste. 185
Beaverton OR 97008
Attention: Copyright Claim
By Email: email@example.com
(Please include “Notice of Infringement” in the subject line.)
IMPORTANT NOTE: THE PRECEDING INFORMATION IS PROVIDED EXCLUSIVELY FOR NOTIFYING HDS INC. THAT YOUR COPYRIGHTED MATERIAL MAY HAVE BEEN INFRINGED. ALL OTHER INQUIRIES, SUCH AS PRODUCT-RELATED QUESTIONS AND REQUESTS, OR QUESTIONS ON PRIVACY, WILL NOT RECEIVE A RESPONSE THROUGH THIS PROCESS.
- Dealings with Advertisers
Your correspondence or business dealings with, or participation in promotions of sponsors, suppliers, partners or advertisers (collectively “Advertisers”) found on or through your use of the Site, if any, including payment and delivery of related goods or services, and any other terms, conditions, warranties or representations associated with such dealings, are solely between you and such Advertisers. You agree that HDS shall not be responsible or liable for any loss or damage of any sort incurred as the result of any such dealings or as the result of such third parties participating on the Site. However we may be privy to and use personal information provided by you to such parties.
- Hunter’s Design Studio’s Proprietary Rights
You may not sell, distribute, transfer, modify, copy, transmit, create derivative works, modify or publish the Licensed Content, with or without consideration, or otherwise use the Licensed Content except in connection with your access to and participation in the Site. HDSgrants no rights other than those granted explicitly herein and hereby reserves and retains all worldwide title, copyright and other proprietary rights in the Site and Licensed Content, including all updates and modifications thereto.
- Consent and Release
For adequate consideration received, you hereby give HDS its parent, and their direct and indirect subsidiaries and affiliates and those acting with its authority (collectively, “HDS”) the absolute, unrestricted, irrevocable and worldwide right, with respect to any information concerning you, including your name and biographical and employment information, and any photographic image made of you, or any work product created by you (including text material and photograph), and whether digital or otherwise (collectively, the “Information”):
(a) to display, reproduce, broadcast, publish, edit, modify or prepare derivative works or otherwise use the information, in whole or in part, individually or in connection with, or as a composite of other photographs or other matter, including text, data, images, illustrations, animation graphics, in video or audio segments of any nature, on any of HDS’s marketing materials, websites or in any other public or private medium, including all formats of print, computer readable electronic, magnetic, digital, laser or optical based media (the “Work”) and for any purpose whatsoever, including but not limited to product promotion and advertising (the “Permitted Use”);
(b) to register the copyright of the Information and any Work in HDS’s name or any other names that it may choose; and
(c) to use and permit your name to be used in connection with the Information and any Work, whether an original or modified form as HDSso chooses.
You hereby release and discharge HDS, its agents, employees, officers, shareholders, successors and assigns from any and all claims and demands you may now or hereafter have arising out of or in connection with the Permitted Uses of the Information or any Work, including, without limitation, any and all claims for the right of privacy, publicity, libel or slander and any and all claims and/or demands for royalties associated therewith.
You agree that there shall be no obligation to utilize the authorization granted by you hereunder. The terms of this authorization shall commence on the date this consent and release is transmitted to HDShereof and will be without limitation. This consent and release shall also inure to the benefit of the legal representatives, licensees and assigns of HDSas well as the person(s) who recorded or otherwise assisted in the publication of the Permitted Uses of the Information and any Work.
- DISCLAIMERS AND LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY
YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT:
(a) YOUR USE OF THE SITE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. THE SITE IS PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS. HDSEXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, NON-INFRINGEMENT AND NONINTERFERENCE WITH YOUR ENJOYMENT OF THE SITE.
(b) HDSMAKES NO WARRANTY THAT (i) THE SITE WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS, (ii) ACCESS TO THE SITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE, OR ERROR-FREE, OR (iii) THE INFORMATION THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE USE OF THE SITE WILL BE ACCURATE OR RELIABLE.
(c) ANY MATERIAL DOWNLOADED OR OTHERWISE OBTAINED THROUGH THE USE OF THE SITE IS DONE AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK AND THAT YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM OR LOSS OF DATA THAT RESULTS FROM THE DOWNLOAD OF ANY SUCH MATERIAL.
HDSASSUMES NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY FAILURE OF THE SITE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE ACCURACY OF ANY INFORMATION, TIMELINESS, DELETION, OR FAILURE TO STORE ANY USER COMMUNICATIONS OR DATA. YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT HDSSHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, GOODWILL, USE, DATA OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSSES (EVEN IF HDSHAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES), RESULTING FROM: (i) THE USE OR THE INABILITY TO USE THE SITE; (ii) THE COST OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS AND SERVICES RESULTING FROM ANY MESSAGES RECEIVED OR TRANSACTIONS ENTERED INTO THROUGH OR FROM THE SITE; (iii) UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR ALTERATION OF YOUR TRANSMISSIONS OR DATA; (iv) STATEMENTS OR CONDUCT BY YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY IN ANY DISCUSSION BOARD; OR (v) ANY OTHER MATTER RELATING TO THE SITE. TO THE EXTENT THAT SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW PROACTIVE RELEASE FROM LIABILITY, THE EXCLUSION OF CERTAIN WARRANTIES OR THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
IF YOU ARE A CALIFORNIA RESIDENT, IT IS EXPRESSLY UNDERSTOOD that Section 1542 of the Civil Code of California provides as follows:
- (Certain Claims not Affected by General Release). A general release does not extend to claims which the creditor does not know or suspect to exist in his favor at the time of executing the release, which if known by him must have materially affected his settlement with the debtor. If in any way applicable, the parties agree that the benefits of the provisions in SECTION 1542 OF THE CALIFORNIA CIVIL CODE AND ANY SIMILAR FEDERAL OR STATE STATUTE ARE HEREBY WAIVED by the parties and each of them acknowledge and agree that this release will be delivered in the state of California and that this waiver is an essential and material term of this release.
Notices to you may be made via either email or regular mail. Notice or other correspondence to HDS should be mailed to:
Hunter’s Design Studio, 8630 SW Scholls Ferry Rd., Ste 185, Beaverton OR 97008, Attention: Copyright Claim
- General Information
Last updated: May 25, 2018
Information We Collect
At some of our sites, you can order products, vote in polls or otherwise express an opinion, subscribe to one of our services such as our online newsletters, or participate in one of our online forums or communities. The types of personally identifiable information that may be collected include: name, address, e-mail address, telephone number, fax number, credit card information, and information about your interests in and use of various products, programs, and services.
You may be required to provide us with the requested personally identifiable information to order products, programs, and services or otherwise participate in the site’s activities and offerings.
How We Use Personally Identifiable Information
We may use the information you provide about yourself to fulfill your requests for our products, programs, and services, to respond to your inquiries about our offerings, and to offer you other products, programs or services that we believe may be of interest to you.
We sometimes use this information to communicate with you, such as to fulfill a request by you for an online newsletter, or to contact you about your account with us.
The information we may collect in connection with online forums and communities is used to provide an interactive experience. We use this information to facilitate participation in these online forums and communities.
We may launch a mailing list for some or all of the Services and websites, in order to provide subscribers with relevant information: breaking news, or weekly or daily round-ups, for example. In order to sign up to receive regular e-newsletters from a site’s mailing list, users must submit information including a valid e-mail address and demographic information such as location and interests. Demographic information will be used in aggregate form only in order to assess general user interest in various internal and third party products and services.
Users who choose to sign up for a mailing list will receive regular e-mails from the site.
Discussion Group and Cookies
In order to further enhance the user experience; HDS runs a commenting service on some or all of the HDS sites where users can discuss common topics of interest. Users have the option of signing up for this service, and to do so must submit information including a valid e-mail address. Muppin Inc. uses this information to screen out users who leave comments prohibited by our terms and conditions of use and to pick out topics of interest to discussion board users. HDS will not pass this information to any other organization except in aggregate form.
By setting a cookie on a HDS site, users will not have to log in a password more than once, thereby saving time while on the site(s) discussion board. We store a cookie on each user’s machine that contains a username and encrypted password. You can configure your browser to accept all cookies, reject all cookies, or notify you when a cookie is set. If you reject all cookies, you will not be able to use products or services that require you to “sign in” and you may not be able to take full advantage of all offerings. However, not all services require that you accept cookies.
Third Party Cookies
Mobile Device IDs and Location-Based Information.
Certain mobile devices, including smart phones and tablet devices, contain unique device IDs that can be used to identify their physical location. Mobile devices also typically transmit caller ID data (which may include a phone number) when used to transmit a telephone call or text message. When you use mobile devices to access our Services, we may collect and transmit unique device IDs and collect caller ID data, information about your wireless carrier, the make, model and operating system of your device and information about how you navigate within our Service. With your consent, we also may use precise geolocation technology such as GPS or WiFi triangulation to collect information about the exact location of your mobile device. We use this information to provide you the content and services you request, tell you about offers we think you will value, and improve your experience using our mobile applications and other Services.
Our Collection and Use of Non-Personally Identifiable Information
Like most websites, we also may collect certain non-personally identifiable information when you visit many of our web pages such as your IP address (a unique number that identifies your access account on the Internet) the type of browser you are using, the type of operating system you are using, and the domain name of your Internet service provider. We may track the page you visited before coming to our Site, the page you link to when you leave, which of our pages you access, and how long you spend on each page.
We sometimes use the non-personally identifiable information that we collect to improve the design and content of our site and to enable us to personalize your Internet experience. We also may use this information in the aggregate to analyze site usage, as well as to offer you products, programs, or services.
Third Party Use of Information
From time to time, we may provide your name, address, telephone number, and your e-mail address to reputable companies, not affiliated with us, whose products or services you may find of interest. If you do not want us to disclose this information to these companies, please email us firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at: Hunter’s Design Studio, 8630 SW Scholls Ferry Rd., Ste. 185, Beaverton, OR 97008. Please be sure to include your first name, last name, address, city, state, zip code, and phone number to ensure we can process your request. We will process your request promptly. Please be aware that you may receive another contact before your name removal takes effect. We regret any inconvenience this may cause.
We also provide personally-identifiable information to non-affiliated third parties that we use for our own business purposes, such as to process your orders or requests for information, or to provide services for us. Our contracted agents and contractors who have access to personally identifiable information are required to protect this information in a manner that is consistent with this Privacy Notice by, for example, not using the information for any purpose other than to carry out the services they are performing for us.
Notwithstanding anything else in this policy, we may: (a) disclose personally identifiable and/or aggregated information when required by a valid legal mechanism such as a search warrant, subpoena, or court, governmental or administrative order, or when we deem it necessary to protect the integrity of our site or the safety of site users, our employees or property; and (b) disclose personally identifiable information in the context of the sale of some or all of our assets or other transfer of our business. In such event, we may retain of copy of the transferred information.
Hunter’s Design Studio’s Commitment to Security
We have put in place appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and help prevent unauthorized access, maintain data security, and correctly use the information we collect online.
We protect the security of the credit card information you provide online by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input into our shopping cart during transmission to our servers and is stored in secure locations. We reveal only the last four digits of your credit card number when confirming an order placed online. Of course, we do transmit the entire credit card number to the appropriate credit card company during order processing.
Please understand that no security system is impenetrable. We cannot guarantee the security of the site or of any information that is transmitted to us over the Internet.
The HDS sites contain links to other sites. Please be aware that HDS is not responsible for the privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of each and every Web site that collects personally identifiable information. This privacy statement applies solely to information collected by HDS.
Like most standard Web site servers we use log files. This includes internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, platform type, date/time stamp, and number of clicks to analyze trends, administer the site, track user(s) movement in the aggregate, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use. IP addresses, etc. are not linked to personally identifiable information. We may use a tracking utility that uses log files to analyze user movement.
How You can Access or Correct Information or Opt Out of Receiving Information
For instructions on how you can access the personally identifiable information that we have collected about you online, correct factual errors in such information, or opt out of receiving electronic communications from us, please email email@example.com.
To protect your privacy and security, we will take reasonable steps to help verify your identity before granting access or making corrections. We will process your request promptly. Please be aware that you may receive another contact before your name removal takes effect. We regret any inconvenience this may cause.
Special Note for Parents
We encourage parents and guardians to spend time online with their children and take an active role to protect the privacy of their children. Parents and guardians should instruct their children never to give out real names, telephone numbers, addresses, or any other identifying information over the Internet without first getting their permission.
We will not knowingly contact children under age 13 about promotions or for marketing purposes without a parent’s permission nor will we ask for more personal information than is reasonably necessary to participate in a given activity. No information should be submitted or posted to our site by visitors under 13 years of age without the consent of their parent or guardian.
Notice to California Residents about Your California Privacy Rights
In addition to other rights described in this Privacy Notice, if you are a California resident and a customer of our company, you have the right to request information from us regarding the manner in which we share certain categories of your personal information with third-parties, for the third parties direct marketing purposes. California law provides that you have the right to submit a request to us at our designated address and receive the following information within thirty (30) days of our receipt of the request: (1) the categories of personal information disclosed to third parties during the immediately preceding calendar year, (2) the names and addresses of third parties that received the personal information during the preceding calendar year, and (3) if the nature of a third party’s business cannot be reasonably determined from the third party’s name, examples of their products or services. You are entitled to receive a copy of this information in a standardized format, and the information will not be specific to you individually. All requests for such information must be in writing and sent to our designated address.
Consent to Transfer of Personal Data
IMPORTANT: BY SUBMITTING PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION TO US AND/OR BY USING OUR SITE YOU GIVE YOUR CONSENT THAT ALL PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION THAT YOU SUBMIT MAY BE PROCESSED BY US IN THE MANNER AND FOR THE PURPOSES DESCRIBED IN THIS POLICY.
If you are visiting this site from a country other than the country in which our servers are located (currently in the United States of America) the various communications will necessarily result in the transfer of information across international boundaries. By visiting this website and communicating electronically with us, you consent to the processing and transfer of your Personally Identifiable Information as set out in this Privacy Notice.
How to Contact Us
If you have any questions or concerns about this Policy or its implementation you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org at Hunter’s Design Studio, 8630 SW Scholls Ferry Rd., Ste. 185, Beaverton, OR 97008
Notification regarding updates
From time to time, we may update this privacy notice. We will notify you about material changes in the way we treat our personally identifiable information by placing a notice on the HDS site. We encourage you to periodically check back and review this policy so that you always will know what information we collect, how we use it, and to whom we disclose it.
Last updated: May 25, 2018
FULL GDPR COMPLIANCE LANGUAGE
The EU General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”)comes into force across the European Union on 25thMay 2018 and brings with it the most significant changes to data protection law in two decades. Based on privacy by design and taking a risk-based approach, the GDPR has been designed to meet the requirements of the digital age.
The 21stCentury brings with it broader use of technology, new definitions of what constitutes personal data, and a vast increase in cross-border processing. The new Regulation aims to standardise data protection laws and processing across the EU; affording individuals stronger, more consistent rights to access and control their personal information.
Hunter’s Design Studio(‘we’ or ‘us’ or ‘our’)are committed to ensuring the security and protection of the personal information that we process, and to provide a compliant and consistent approach to data protection. We have always had a robust and effective data protection program in place which complies with existing law and abides by the data protection principles. However, we recognise our obligations in updating and expanding this program to meet the demands of the GDPR and the any protection laws required by the USA.
Hunter’s Design Studio are dedicated to safeguarding the personal information under our remit and in developing a data protection regime that is effective, fit for purpose and demonstrates an understanding of, and appreciation for the new Regulation. Our preparation and objectives for GDPR compliance have been summarised in this statement and include the development and implementation of new data protection roles, policies, procedures, controls and measures to ensure maximum and ongoing compliance.
How We are Preparing for the GDPR
Hunter’s Design Studioalready has a consistent level of data protection and security across our organisation, however it is our aim to be fully compliant with the GDPR by 25th May 2018. Our preparation includes: –
- Information Audit– carrying out a company-wide information audit to identify and assess what personal information we hold, where it comes from, how and why it is processed and if and to whom it is disclosed.
- Policies & Procedures– [revising/implementing new]data protection policies and procedures to meet the requirements and standards of the GDPR and any relevant data protection laws, including: –
o Data Protection– our main policy and procedure document for data protection has been overhauled to meet the standards and requirements of the GDPR. Accountability and governance measures are in place to ensure that we understand and adequately disseminate and evidence our obligations and responsibilities; with a dedicated focus on privacy by design and the rights of individuals.
o Data Retention & Erasure– we have updated our retention policy and schedule to ensure that we meet the ‘data minimisation’and ‘storage limitation’principles and that personal information is stored, archived and destroyed compliantly and ethically.
o Data Breaches– our breach procedures ensure that we have safeguards and measures in place to identify, assess, investigate and report any personal data breach at the earliest possible time.
o International Data Transfers & Third-Party Disclosures– where Hunter’s Design Studio stores or transfers personal information outside the EU, we have robust procedures and safeguarding measures in place to secure, encrypt and maintain the integrity of the data.
- Privacy Notice/Policy– we are revising our Privacy Notice(s) to comply with the GDPR, ensuring that all individuals whose personal information we process have been informed of why we need it, how it is used, what their rights are, who the information is disclosed to and what safeguarding measures are in place to protect their information.
- Obtaining Consent– we have revisedour consent mechanisms for obtaining personal data, ensuring that individuals understand what they are providing, why and how we use it and giving clear, defined ways to consent to us processing their information. We have developed stringent processes for recording consent, making sure that we can evidence an affirmative opt-in, along with time and date records; and an easy to see and access way to withdraw consent at any time.
- Direct Marketing– we have revisedthe wording and processes for direct marketing, including clear opt-in mechanisms for marketing subscriptions; a clear notice and method for opting out and providing unsubscribe features on all subsequent marketing materials.
- Processor Agreements– where we use any third-party to process personal information on our behalf (e. Payroll, Recruitment, Hosting etc), we have drafted compliant Processor Agreements and due diligence procedures for ensuring that they (as well as we), meet and understand their/our GDPR obligations. These measures include initial and ongoing reviews of the service provided, the necessity of the processing activity, the technical and organisational measures in place and compliance with the GDPR.
Data Subject Rights
In addition to the policies and procedures mentioned above that ensure individuals can enforce their data protection rights, we provide easy to access information via our website of an individual’s right to access any personal information that Hunter’s Design Studio processes about them and to request information about: –
- What personal data we hold about them
- The purposes of the processing
- The categories of personal data concerned
- The recipients to whom the personal data has/will be disclosed
- How long we intend to store your personal data for
- If we did not collect the data directly from them, information about the source
- The right to have incomplete or inaccurate data about them corrected or completed and the process for requesting this
- The right to request erasure of personal data (where applicable) or to restrict processing in accordance with data protection laws, as well as to object to any direct marketing from us and to be informed about any automated decision-making that we use
- The right to lodge a complaint or seek judicial remedy and who to contact in such instances
Information Security & Technical and Organisational Measures
Hunter’s Design Studio takes the privacy and security of individuals and their personal information very seriously and take every reasonable measure and precaution to protect and secure the personal data that we process. We have robust information security policies and procedures in place to protect personal information from unauthorised access, alteration, disclosure or destruction and have several layers of security measures.
If you have any questions about our preparation for the GDPR, please contact Sam Hunter.
Last updated: May 25, 2018