Once I put the BLACK bucket together, I knew I needed to call Cheryl to see if she would host all those dancing skeletons! I’m so thrilled she said yes!
Cheryl is a whirling dervish of innovative quilt stuff: she’s done a lot with LEDs and electronics as fun light-up accessories for quilts, and she has revived some classic smocking techniques for quilts, yes quilts, in a sweet DVD.
I don’t have a pic of us together to share, but I’ll be getting one next week at Quilt Market, so keep your eyes peeled!
When I found out Cheryl was a comic book industry exec (I can hear my geeky son swooning at the thought) I thought she was pretty dang cool. Then she started posting all these beauty shots of one certain classic Mustang, and let’s just say I’m determined to be her new bestie.
I’m a car girl through and through, and this pale yellow beauty, below, used to be my chariot of choice. A ’65 Impala 327 SS Convertible… glass packs and a 4-barrel carb – 13 to the gallon and oh, so fast!
I still happily drive a sports car as my daily driver. Our family motto is “Fly casual, Chewie.” (Not the actual quote, but hey, it’s close, and it gets the meaning across!) Here she is this afternoon, and yes, fall is upon us here in PDX!
Please hop over to Cheryl and check out her goodies, and grab the BLACK bucket pattern while you’re there!
Here’s a reminder of the tour and COLOR bucket schedule:
- Thursday October 2 – PURPLE – Megan Dougherty, The Bitchy Stitcher
- Friday October 3 – BROWN – Carrie Bloomston, Such Designs
- Monday October 6 – RED – Kim Niedzwiecki, My GoGo Life
- Tuesday October 7 – TEAL – Flaun Cline, I Plead Quilty
- Wednesday October 8 – WHITE – Mollie Sparkles
- Thursdays October 9 – HEXIES – Cath Hall, Wombat Quilts
- Friday October 10 – PINK – Ebony Love, LoveBug Studios
- Monday October 13 – GREEN – Rose Hughes
- Tuesday October 14 – BLUE – Sarah Fielke
- Wednesday October 15 – GRAY – Maddie Kertay, The BadAss Quilters Society
- Thursday October 16 – BLACK – Cheryl Sleboda
- Friday October 17 – YELLOW – Victoria Findlay Wolfe
- Monday October 20 – ORANGE (but of course!) – Sam Hunter, Hunter’s Design Studio
BTW – Did you join my mailing list yet? Do it here. I’m dreaming up groovy exclusive stuff for you!